Skip to main content


Student support

Student services is the first contact point for information, support and advice on anything from careers advice to financial assistance. Our specialist student support staff are available at Llwyn y Bryn, Tycoch and Gorseinon campuses.

Learning support

We provide specialist support for students with additional learning needs or disabilities. We can also apply for funding if you require specialist equipment. 

Financial support

Funding can be complicated and there’s a lot to get your head around. Hopefully the information below will give you all the information you need.

If you are a UK or EEA citizen who will be studying further education at the College on a full time basis (15+ hours a week) then you do not need to pay tuition fees, however all full time students will need to pay a one-off registration fee upon joining the College.

On some courses e.g. hairdressing, catering or arts, there may be additional costs for specialist equipment or clothing. Details will be given during the application and enrolment process.

If you are joining the College on a part time basis, you will be required to pay tuition fees. It is recommended that you seek guidance from your course coordinator before enrolling to ensure you have all of the information about fees involved in your chosen course. For example, students studying a professional qualification run by a chartered organisation will be required to pay a fee for each exam they undertake, so it's best to get all the facts before making your decision.

For individual course fees of £100 or more, you can apply to pay in instalments (a £10 administration fee is charged for this).

There are tuition fees for International students.

At the College we understand that everyone's circumstances are different, so we aim to make it as easy as possible for people to study their chosen course, even if this means you may have to find some additional funds to cover costs for equipment or learning materials. There is a range of financial assistance available for students studying at the College.

To speak to a member of the Student Funding Team, please contact the Gorseinon Campus on 01792 890700 / 07500 559123 or the Tycoch Campus on 01792 284000 / 07500 559246 or email

Educational Maintenance Allowance [EMA]
EMA is a means-tested grant of £40 per week intended to help 16-18 year olds with the costs of further education.   

For more information, visit the EMA website or contact the College at Tycoch on 01792 284000 or Gorseinon on 01792 890700. Application forms are available from Student Finance Wales or from the student funding office at the College. 

Financial Contingency Fund [FCF]
The FCF is a hardship fund that is open to full time students. The fund can help to support essential course related costs such as course equipment, books, childcare, DBS checks and transport. The FCF is means tested on household income which must be less than £21,000 per year for students to qualify. Funds are allocated on a first come, first served basis. You will need to provide proof of household income and if applicable, proof of your residential status.

The College’s Financial Contingency Fund (FCF) opens on Monday 3 June 2024. Application forms are available online or from the student funding office at the College after this date. 

Welsh Government Learning Grant for FE (WGLG)
WGLG is a means tested grant that provides funding to help with the costs of your education if you’re aged 19 or over. If you’re studying full time you could get payments of up to £1,500 a year or, if studying part time, you could get up to £750 a year. For more information, visit the Student Finance Wales website or contact the College at Tycoch on 01792 284000 or Gorseinon on 01792 890700. Application forms are available from Student Finance Wales or the student funding office at the College. 

Do I need to pay for a DBS check?
At interview you will have been told if you need a DBS check to go out on a structured work placement as part of your course. The check will cost £38, this is subject to change (you can apply for FCF funding to cover the cost). If you do not have a DBS check you won't be able to complete your course.


Full time students are currently offered a subsidised bus pass.

At Tycoch, Kingsway and Llwyn y Bryn students can purchase a First Cymru Bus Pass. This pass can be used to get to and from college and can also be used on evenings and weekends in the Swansea and Neath area on First Cymru buses.

Find out more about bus passes