Updated January 2017
A Level = DD
BTEC Level 3 Diploma = MP
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma = PPP
Access = Pass
In addition, students would be expected to have a C grade in Maths and a Science subject at GCSE. All students will need to have an interview.
Recognition of prior learning
This course is delivered over two academic years.
First year modules are:
- materials and introduction to manufacturing technology
- electro pneumatics and hydraulics
- engineering science 1
- academic and employability skills
- engineering science 2
- engineering design
Second year modules are:
- group project
- fault diagnosis and condition monitoring
- engineering mechanical principles
- management, innovation and sustainability
- manufacturing, design and technology
- thermofluid mechanics
The qualification opens up career opportunities in consulting, contracting and manufacturing in both the public and private sector. Students can also progress onto the BEng or the MEng at University of Wales Trinity St David.