This is an exciting opportunity for learners who wish to start and/or develop their own business ventures.
The learners will develop a range of techniques, personal skills and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life. They will be supported by a number of high profile entrepreneurs who will mentor and work with the students in order that they achieve their goals.
This course would ideally suit students who have a keen business brain and who are seeking expert help and advice in setting up their own business. Students, aged between 18 and 30, will receive knowledge and guidance from guest speakers as well as experiencing master classes and workshops, together with mentoring from some of the most successful entrepreneurs in Wales.
Five GCSEs at grade C or above, to include English and Maths, plus ideally a Level 3 qualification related to your business proposal.
Unit 1 - Working in teams
Unit 2 - Planning and delivering business communication activities
Unit 3 - Evaluate and improve own performance in a business environment
Unit 4 - Spreadsheet software
Unit 5 - Presentation software
Unit 6 - Deliver a presentation
Unit 7 - Organising and facilitating meetings and workshops
Unit 8 - Developing commercial awareness
Unit 9 - Managing project finances
- Working as an Entrepreneur
- Marketing, Market Research and Analysis
- E-marketing and Website Design
Brand Development and Promotion
This unique course will provide students with an opportunity to develop their employability skills, set up their own business, start their employment journey or attend university to broaden their knowledge base.
Entrepreneurship Academy Wales is designed to be different from traditional courses and aims to fill the learning gap for those aged 18-30 who wish to specialise in enterprise and entrepreneurship.
The Academy promotes a philosophy of ‘Learning by Doing’ and a large proportion of learning time is involves guest speakers, master classes and workshops.
This pioneering qualification focuses entirely on developing and furthering the aspirations of young entrepreneurs. When studying towards one of our qualifications students get to:
- Start their own business with support given by partners such as Chamber of Commerce, local entrepreneurs and business leaders from across Wales to help every step of the way.
- Be taught by tutors with real life business experience who have been there and done it.
- Undertake up to four weeks of work experience placement in a sector of their choice where they work on their own projects and help bring something to the company they are partnered with (there are a limited number of places available to work in an European country of choice under the Erasmus programme)
- Work on real-life business challenges and projects set by a number of companies working in partnership with the Entrepreneurship Academy Wales
- Experience workshops, micro business surgeries and networking events that will be attended by a wide range of local and national businesses. Here students will gain invaluable contacts and build networks which will help support then with their initial business venture. When students finish the course these could provide them with opportunities when looking for a job or to expand their business venture.
- Attend master classes from top entrepreneurs who will be sharing their experiences and passing on invaluable information to support students' future careers.
- Undertake a personal and professional development programme designed to guide students and support their business aspirations.
Further information on the course is available http://www.entrepreneurshipacademywales.co.uk/.
Neil Lewis on 01792 284097