This course will enable you to develop a broad understanding of a range of sport-related concepts including:
- How physiological and psychological states affect performance
- The key socio-cultural factors that influence people’s involvement in physical activity and sport
- The role of technology in physical activity and sport
- The contribution which physical activity makes to health and fitness
- How to analyse and evaluate to improve performance.
Updated July 2017
Grade B in GCSE Science is essential. Play at least one sport to club level standard.
Staying with Gower College Swansea, you could progress on to the Foundation Degree in Sports Development and Management.
Further study at university in a related subject such as sport science, sport rehabilitation, sport therapy, sport nutrition, coaching and teaching.
Careers in sport, leisure, health and fitness.
Students are required to purchase a college t shirt, polo and hoodie at a cost of £70. Students will have the opportunity to purchase a college track suit and sports related kit linked to the sport of their choice.
Minimal costs may be required for local educational visits and students are required to purchase a book to help with their studies.
Linda Williams on 01792 890700