This qualification allows candidates to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in maintenance operations. Candidates may have some knowledge and basic skills in carrying out building maintenance work. This award will provide candidates with the opportunity to gain recognition for their skills, giving them the chance to take on more responsibility.
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Carry out small-scale building repairs
- Carry out small-scale painting and decorating repairs
- Carry out small-scale plastering repairs
- Carry out small-scale plumbing repairs
- Carry out carpentry repairs
- Application of Number Level 1
- Communication Level 1
- Employment rights and responsibilities
If your work arrangements have changed (such that you are covering other aspects of construction) you may see it to be beneficial to diversify and gain industry approved accreditation through our other construction courses.
Learners will attend training on a 'one day per week' basis to study the intermediate construction award for the practical and theory elements. This includes end of unit practical and multiple choice tests. Whilst at work you will need to gather evidence of competence for your QCF qualification. The QCF is assessed by the gathering of photographic evidence, witness testimonies and on-site visits from your tutor/assessor.
Apprentices are assigned a training mentor, who will visit you regularly to ensure you are happy with your progress and that you are on track to achieve.
It will take between 12 - 24 months to complete the apprenticeship framework dependent on ability and prior experience.